Coronavirus FAQs

We have published some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to answer your general enquires concerning the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in relation to the services we provide.  They will be updated as we receive more enquiries and to reflect the latest Government guidance.

If you think you or a member of your household are shielding or self-isolating as a result of having symptoms of coronavirus, please let us know. The government has produced guidelines for households with a possible Covid-19 infection. You can read more on the government website by clicking here

On Monday 14 September, the government introduced new guidance to control the spread of Covid-19. This placed a legal limit on the number of people you don’t live with who you are able to meet. When meeting with people who don’t live with you, you can socialise in groups of up to 6. You should continue to maintain social distancing with anyone you do not live with. You can read more on the government website by clicking here

The government has also produced guidance about travelling abroad at this time, and you can find that information on their website here

In addition to this, they have produced guidance around local travel, including walking, cycling and using public transport, and you can read that information on the government website here

For the latest health advice on Covid-19 coronavirus please visit:

For more information, read our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below, or if they do not provide the answer to your query, please call us on 01253 823135.

Are you still carrying out repairs?

Yes, in line with Government health and safety guidance we are carrying out both responsive and emergency repairs from 1st June 2020. Please report your repair by calling or emailing us.

My repair appointment was cancelled, or I reported a repair during lockdown – when will my repair be carried out?

We understand that you have been waiting longer than expected for your repair to be carried out. We are contacting residents to rebook appointments. If you have not heard from us about your repair, please call us on 0125 382 3135.

How can I report a repair?

You can report your repair through the following channels:

Call – 0125 382 3135

Emailing –

How will you keep people in my household safe while you carry out my repair?

Your safety and the safety of our staff is our number one priority. From Monday 27 July 2020, all operatives and contractors will wear facemasks when in your home and in communal areas. This is to keep both you and them safe. To maintain social distancing measures while they are in your home, they may ask you to stay in a different room while work is carried out. If anyone is self-isolating, please let us know and we will arrange another appointment to carry out your repair .

I need a repair, but I am shielding, will you carry out my repair?

From 1 August 2020, the government will pause shielding unless the transmission of COVID-19 in the community starts to rise significantly. We will begin to carry out non-emergency repairs and gas servicing from this date. If you have any concerns please call us on 0125 382 3135.

I am self-isolating, can I still have repairs carried out?

Whether you are self-isolating because you have symptoms or because you are required to through the track and trace programme, we cannot carry out repairs on your property. If you are due a repair and you are self-isolating, please let us know so we can re-book your appointment.

I need a repair, but I don’t want anyone in my house – can I wait to report it?

We understand that you may not want others in your home right now and that is ok. However, we do ask that, if there is something that is causing damage to your home, you report it to us as soon as possible, so we can resolve the issue before it becomes any worse.

Will emergency repairs still be prioritised?

Yes, we will continue to prioritise emergency repairs. Planned and major works have now been remobilised from and include; Electrical testing, porches, windows and doors, roof works and heating system upgrades. If you are on any of these programmes, we will contact you to arrange a date for the work to start.

I live in an area that has been placed in local lockdown. What do I need to do?

The government has created guidance for people living in the North West of England that are affected by local lockdown measures. This includes areas affected, restrictions that are in place and advice on working and travelling in these areas. You can find and easy read version of this information here

I’m living in an area that has been placed in local lockdown – will you still carry out repairs?

Yes, we will continue to carry out repairs in your home. However, strict social distancing measures must be adhered to and we would ask that you help us by keeping the area of the repair clear. You may be asked to wait in a different room while your repair is carried out. If our staff are unable to maintain social distancing, they will leave your property and your repair will be carried out at a later date, when it is safe to do so.

I was due to have planned work carried out inside my home (fitting a new kitchen, bathroom, etc) – will this still happen?

Any major internal works that require our staff to be inside your home for more than one day will be postponed. We will contact you directly if you are affected by this.

I am self-isolating – will you still visit my home?

If we have an appointment to visit you in your home, we will continue with your appointment. Our number one priority remains keeping you and our staff safe, and our Health and Safety Team has given instructions on safely carrying out home visits. If you or someone in your household becomes unwell with suspected Covid-19, please notify us immediately. In this instance, we will cancel your appointment and arrange to visit another time.

Is the McDonald Property Rentals branch in Cleveleys still open?

Following the recent Government guidelines, we are now working to ensure we can re-open the office once we are satisfied that we have the appropriate procedures in place to keep both our customers and staff safe.

You can read The Regenda Group, Redwing and MPR risk assessment here >

The preliminary office opening date is Monday 1st June 2020, if for any reason we feel that we cannot comply with Health and Safety regulations at this date we will post pone the opening of the office. Please ensure you monitor our website and social media channels for any updates.

Once the office is open, we will be operating on reduced staff and opening hours, the opening hours will be Monday to Friday 10am until 4pm. We will continue to answer phone enquiries from 9am until 5.30pm during the weekdays and 9.30am-12.30pm on Saturdays (subject to bank holidays).

Please be advised there will be a limit of no more than two people from the same household allowed in the office at any time. All visits to the office must be prearranged with office staff.

Please check the McDonald Property Rentals website and social media for any updates.  

I am due to move into a new home, will this still be taking place?

Following the recent Government guidelines, we are now working to ensure we can recommence viewings from Monday 1st June 2020 on available properties. There will be strict guidelines that must be followed to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. The rules that must be followed will be explained on the booking and confirmation of the viewing.

If the rules are not followed, we will refuse access to the property and the appointment will have to be rearranged.

Please check the McDonald Property Rentals website and social media for any updates.

I am having trouble paying my rent/charges, what should I do?

We are here to help.  You can talk to us for financial help and advice on 01253 823 135.

Will property inspections still be taking place?

Your health and safety continues to be our top priority. We are doing everything we can to keep you safe and protect the services that are important to you.

We are closely monitoring government advice and as the situation evolves are making some changes to our services. As of Wednesday 18 March 2020, inspections will be postponed.

For the latest health advice please visit:

NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Public Health England – Guidance on protecting people most likely to get very poorly from coronavirus (shielding)

Last updated 17/09/2020